+614 0512 1881
- Self motivated
- Positive attitude
- Honest and trustworthy
- Good communication skills
- The ability to quickly learn any new tasks
- Adaptable, realistic, reliable and focused
- Pride in producing a high standard of work
- The ability to work unsupervised or as part of a team
- Aranui High School (Christchurch)
Training, Qualifications and Certificates
- Archie Rose – Master Class 2017
- Archive Beer Boutique – Conjoined Twins Cocktail Competition 2016
- Artisan Spirits – Rum Diary Rum Master Class 2017
- Artisan Spirits – Tromba Master Class 2017
- Australian Bartenders Guild Member 2014
- Bacardi Lion – 42 Below Master Class 2010
- Bacardi Lion – 42 Below Vodka University 2009
- Bacardi Lion – Bacardi Belief Class 2010
- Bacardi Lion – Bacardi Legacy Class 2012
- Bacardi Lion – Bacardi Legacy Cocktails 2010
- Bacardi Lion – Bombay Sapphire Master Class 2010
- Bacardi Lion – Sensology Class 2012
- Bacardi-Martini – 42 Below Sustainability Training 2016
- Beam Suntory – American Whisk(e)y Master Class 2017
- Beam Suntory – Bartenders 4 Bourbon – Bourbon: The Old Fashioned Way 2016
- Beam Suntory – Bartenders 4 Bourbon – The Bourbon Blackboard 2016
- Beam Suntory – Laphroaig Master Class 2018
- Beam Suntory – The Blends of the America’s 2016
- Beam Suntory – The Blends of the Asia 2016
- Beam Suntory – The Blends of the Europe 2016
- Beam Suntory – The Blends of the World 2017
- Beam Suntory – The Blends of the World Trash Tiki 2018
- Beenleigh Artisan Distillery – Tour & Tasting 2016, 2017
- Bouchon Wines – Chateau du Tariquet Master Class 2014
- Bouchon Wines – Massenez Master Class 2014
- Brown-Forman – Jägermeister Pop Up Bar Competition Top 4 2018
- Brown-Forman – Jägermeister Own Your Own Bar Master Class 2018
- Brown-Forman – GlenDronach Master Class 2019
- Bundaberg Rum Distillery – Tour & Tasting 2016
- Campari Australia – Aperitivo Master Class 2017
- Campari Australia – Cinzano & Campari Master Class 2016
- Campari Australia – Campari Academy 2019
- Carlton & United Breweries – Hops Master Class 2014
- Carlton & United Breweries – Matilda Bay Master Class 2013
- Cape Byron Distillery – Brookie’s Gin Master Class 2017
- Cape Byron Distillery – Distillery Tour 2017
- Casa Cortes (Mexico) – 3 Mezquites Palenque Tour 2017
- Casa Cortes (Mexico) – De Cortes Palenque Tour 2017
- Casa Cortes (Mexico) – Zoqui Palenque Tour 2017
- Certificate IV in Hospitality
- Club Suntory – CHOCtails Master Class 2009
- Club Suntory – Disaronno & Tia Maria Master Class 2014
- Club Suntory – Gin Mare Master Class 2012
- Club Suntory – How to Invent a Winning Drink Master Class 2008
- Club Suntory – Introduction to Mixology 2010
- Club Suntory – Japanese Whiskey Master Class 2014
- Club Suntory – Jose Curveo Platino V.I.P Master Class 2008
- Club Suntory – Licor 43 Launch V.I.P Master Class 2009
- Club Suntory – Mount Gay Rum Master Class 2012
- Club Suntory – Spirit of Mexico Master Class 2009
- Club Suntory – Taste of Time Master Class 2008
- Club Suntory – Taste of Tropics Cocktail Class 2010
- Club Suntory – The Versatile Barkeep 2015
- Club Suntory – Vodka V.I.P Master Class 2014
- Club Suntory – Winter Warmers Cocktail Class 2010
- Club Suntory – Wonderful World of Whisky Master Class 2008
- Cobbler Bar – West End Massive Mystery Box Cocktail Competition 2016
- Cobbler Bar – West End Massive Team Hendricks Mystery Box Cocktail Competition 2017
- Cobbler Bar – West End Massive Team Johnnie Walker Mystery Box Cocktail Competition 2017
- Del Maguey (Mexico) – Chichicapa Palenque Tour 2016
- Diageo – Bar Academy Essential Spirits 2014
- Diageo – Bar Academy Speed & Efficiency 2014
- Diageo – Rum Master Class 2013
- Diageo – Single Malt Whiskey Class 2009
- Emporium – Diplomatico Master Class 2016
- First Aid & CPR Course – 2013, 2016, 2017
- Fogata Bar – Germana Cachaça Master Class 2018
- Fringe Bar – Baileys Cocktail Competition Semi-Finalist 2010
- Fringe Bar – Green Fairy Absinthe Cocktail Competition Semi-Finalist 2009
- Green Beacon – Master Class 2017
- Holgate – Holgate Master Class 2014
- Husk Distillers – Master Class 2017
- Husk Distillers – Distillery Tour 2017, 2018
- Island 2 Island – Amaro di Angostura Master Class 2016
- Lion Nathan (NZ) – Johnnie Walker Platinum Partner Module 2008
- Maxxium – Mixxit Spring Cocktail Class 2009
- Maxxium – Mixxit Summer Cocktail Class 2010
- Mextrade – Arette Tequila & Mezcal Eterno Master Class 2016
- Mextrade – Mezcal Master Class 2017
- Moet-Hennessy – Ardbeg & Glenmorangie Master Class 2017
- Museo del Ron Tour (Havana Club Museum, Cuba) 2016
- Neat Spirits – Mancino Vermouth Master Class 2017
- New Zealand Red Cross course in first aid and safety 1998
- Pernod Ricard – Canadian Whisky Master Class 2015
- Pernod Ricard – Champagne Master Class 2012
- Pernod Ricard – Chivas Regal Master Class 2017
- Pernod Ricard – Havana Club Rum Training Class 2012, 2015
- Pernod Ricard – Olmeca Altos Tequila Master Class 2014, 2016
- Pernod Ricard – Plymouth & Beefeater Master Class 2013
- Pernod Ricard – Rum Master Class 2014
- Pernod Ricard – Scotch Master Class 2012, 2014
- Pernod Ricard (NZ) – Havana Club Rum Training Class 2008
- Premium Beverages – Cider Category Training 2016
- Proximo Spirits – Tequila Master Class 2018
- Pure Scot – Master Class 2016
- Queensland Approved Manager Licence 2009 – 2014, 2014 – 2019
- Queensland Gaming Employee Licence 2009 – 2014
- Queensland Responsible Management of Licensed Venues 2009, 2012, 2015, 2018
- Queensland Responsible Service of Alcohol 2007, 2010, 2012
- Queensland Responsible Service of Gambling 2012
- Rum Diary Spiced Rum Master Class 2017
- Sapporo Beer Museum (Japan) – VIP Tour 2015
- Sapporo Brewery (Japan) – VIP Tour 2015
- Sirromet Winery – Tour and Master Class 2012
- Southtrade – Absinthe Master Class 2009, 2012
- Southtrade – Arran Whisky Master Class 2017
- Southtrade – Bourbon Master Class 2012
- Southtrade – Buffalo Trace Bourbon Master Class 2015
- Southtrade – Dictador Rum Master Class 2015
- Southtrade – Hayman’s Gin Master Class 2014
- Southtrade – Patron Tequila Master Class 2016
- Southtrade – Rum Master Class 2009
- Southtrade – Starward Whisky Tasting 2017
- Southtrade – Tito’s Vodka Master Class 2014
- Southtrade – Whisk(e)y World Tour (Teeling, Eagle Rare, Starward & Arran) 2016
- Spanton Media – Indie Tasting 2016, 2017, 2018
- Spanton Media – Bar Conference 2017
- Spirits Platform – Disaronno Mixing Star Cocktail Competition 2016
- Spirits Platform – Irish vs Scotch Whisk(e)y Fight Club Master Class 2017
- Spirits Platform – Martin Millar’s Master Class 2019
- Spirits Platform – Tia Maria & Merlo Coffee Master Class 2018
- Spirits Platform – The Irishman Whiskey Master Class 2016
- Spirits Platform – Parlez Vous Chartreuse Cocktail Competition 2016
- Spirits Platform – Remy Martin Master Class 2017
- Square Keg – Fixation & Treehouse Master Class 2017
- Stone & Wood – Brewery Tour 2017
- Think Spirits – Goslings, The Kraken & Matusalem Master Class 2014
- Think Spirits – Jose Cuervo Master Class 2015
- Think Spirits – Jura & Dalmore Whsky Master Class 2016
- Tromba Tequila – Master Class 2016
- Vanguard Luxury Brands – Barsol Master Class 2018
- Vanguard Luxury Brands – Fortaleza Master Class 2018
- Vanguard Luxury Brands – Four Pillars Master Class 2017
- Vanguard Luxury Brands – GlenAllachie Launch 2019
- Victorian Responsible Service of Alcohol 2008
- William Grant & Sons – Glenfiddich & Monkey Shoulder Master Class 2012
- William Grant & Sons – Hendricks Master Class 2014
- William Grant & Sons – Monkey Shoulder presents America Master Class 2018
- William Grant & Sons – Tullamore DEW Master Class 2014
- Western Australia Construction Induction 2013
- Young Henry’s – Master Class 2018
- Ze Pickle – The Grand Mixmaster Clash Bacardi Fuego Cocktail Competition 2016
- AJ Hackett Auckland Bridge Bungy – 2017
- AJ Hackett Auckland Bridge Climb – 2017
- ANZAC Day Challenge – 2015 (50km)
- Mater Climb for Cancer – 2013 (6.47mins)
- Mater Climb for Cancer – 2014 (6.21mins)
- Mater River to Rooftop – 2015 (8.15mins)
- Spartan Race (Beast) – Peak Crossing, QLD 2014 (4:21:19)
- Spartan Race (Sprint) – Peak Crossing, QLD 2014 (1:46:21)
- Spartan Race (Beast) – Peak Crossing, QLD 2015 (3:56:03)
- Spartan Race (Super) – Peak Crossing, QLD 2015 (2:50:08)
- Spartan Race (Ultra Beast) – Peak Crossing, QLD 2016 (8:17:44)
- Spartan Race (Sprint) – Myrniong, VIC 2015 (2:06:11)
- Story Bridge Adventure Climb – 2011
- The Stampede – Woodford 2013 (2hrs)
- The Swisse Color Run – Brisbane 2014
- Tough Mudder – Sunshine Coast 2013 (3.5hrs)
- True Grit – Tamborine 2014 (1h 50m)
- True Grit – Tamborine 2015 (1h 20m)
- True Grit Night Attack– Gold Coast 2015 (1h 15m)
- World’s Greatest Shave 2013
Story Bridge Hotel – Australia Day Cockroach Races (Brisbane) January 2018
Pernod-Ricard – Portfolio Master Class (Brisbane) January 2018
Co-Host / Trainer
Pernod-Ricard (Havana Club) – 100 Proof Rum Revolution (Brisbane) August 2017
Tasting Table Educator
Green Beacon – Teneriffe Festival (Brisbane) July 2017
Club Suntory – Queensland Suntory Cup (Brisbane) August 2014
Event Set Up
Story Bridge Hotel – Australia Day Cockroach Races (Brisbane) January 2014
Sailor Jerry – International Rum Day Pop Up Bar (Brisbane) August 2013
Across the Great Divide Tour (Toowoomba) October 2011
Soundwave Festival (Brisbane) February 2009
Good Viberations Festival (Gold Coast) 2007
Cobbler Bar October 2018 – Current
Bartender / Venue Manager
West End’s home for whisk(e)y and cocktails. With over 450 whiskeys on the back bar, many advocates enjoy a dram or two inside the venue only some are lucky enough to find.
Barbossa Bar & Bottleshop April 2018 – October 2018
Assistant Venue Manager
Barbossa Bar & Bottleshop, formerly Greystone Bar & Cellar, has brought the Caribbean to Brisbane’s South Bank precinct. Still offering Brisbane’s latest Bottleshop, but bringing a new tapas and cocktails offering.
Hospitality Calendar February 2018 – Current
Helping to grow the hospitality industry by making bartenders aware of master classes and competitions happening around Australia.
Osbourne Hotel January 2018 – April 2018
The newly renovated venue known as the Osbourne Hotel has been trading since 1864, lastly known as Fringe Bar & Kerbside. With the beer garden, large range of beer, wine and spirits, along with the great tasting food, many people are making the Osbourne their new local.
Katarzyna Group (Brisbane) July 2017 – December 2017
Venue Manager – Empire Hotel
Empire Hotel has been standing on the corner of Brunswick and Ann Streets for many years. It is still offering tasty food, brews and cocktails to its patrons, but has recently added a selection of rums, agricole and cachacha along with a new rotisserie chicken food menu.
Venue Manager – Ei8ht Nightclub
Ei8ht Nightclub known to most as Family Nightclub, is a large multilevel nightclub, home to five bars and two music zones.
Heya Bar / Tiki Tiki Gai February 2017 – July 2017
Heya Bar is an asian inspired dive bar in the heart of the valley, offering late night food and cocktails. Tiki Tiki Gai is a newly renovated tropical themed hideaway bar.
Our Liquid World 2017 – Current
Writer / Bar Consultant / Trainer / Freelance Bartender
Alex has started to share his passion for the hospitality and alcohol industry online via his blog, and sharing his experience through his services (training and consulting).
AB Bartending (South East Queensland) 2010 – 2016
Available to work events and functions. Own barware can be supplied. Able to source out other equipment, staff and ingredients needed for the event. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Alex.
Story Bridge Hotel (Brisbane) July 2016 – October 2016
The hotel is located under the famous Story Bridge with 3 main bars open 7 days a week. Shelter Bar is the main bar, which is a converted WWII bomb shelter, that becomes alive at night.
Greystone Bar & Cellar (Brisbane) July 2014 – October 2016
Assistant Venue Manager/ Duty Manager
Brisbane’s South Bank entertainment precinct is home to Greystone Bar & Cellar. Offering a relaxed atmosphere with cocktails and tapas.
Duty Manager/ Bar Manager/ Bartender
Kerbside is a small craft beer and cocktail bar. Home to over 200 beers and cider inside an old drive through liquor barn. Each patron can experience a cocktail made just for them without a cocktail menu.
Story Bridge Hotel (Brisbane) August 2010 – July 2012
Story Bridge Cellars detached bottle shop is an independently owned Cellarbrations branded shop. Located in the East Brisbane shopping complex.
Fringe Bar (Brisbane) October 2009 – August 2010
Fringe Bar is a 2 level cocktail lounge venue. Known for its causal lunchtime dining, late night club atmosphere & Liquid Art cocktail competitions. Fringe Bar hosts many function rooms, pool tables and pokies.
Lasseters Valley Hotel (Brisbane) February 2009 – September 2009
Lasseters Valley Hotel is a big venue hosting 2 bars and a nightclub in the heart of Fortitude Valley. 388 bar is a popular place for locals to enjoy TAB, Keno, Gaming Machines, Wine and cocktails while relaxing or watch sport in the sports area. The Valley Hotel also has an Upstairs bar with 7 pool tables, playing live music throughout the week and Basement bar which is an RnB and Hip Hop nightclub.
The Rockpool (Christchurch) August 2008 – December 2008
The Rockpool is a pool hall with 22 pool tables. The Rockpool is a popular venue for younger patrons to enjoy drum n bass music.
Australian Club Entertainment Group (Melbourne) May 2008 – August 2008
A.C.E own and operate Melbourne Central Lion Hotel, Toorak Lion Hotel, Trak Showroom, Odeon Nightclub, Fusion Nightclub and Evolution Nightclub. During my employment with A.C.E I worked at Toorak Lion Hotel, Trak Showroom and Evolution Nightclub. Toorak Lion Hotel is an English styled pub over 2 levels in the centre of Toorak. Evolution Nightclub is an RnB and Hip Hop nightclub with 2 levels and 4 bars.
Katarzyna Group (Brisbane) December 2007 – May 2008
While employed with Katarzyna, I worked at Birdee Num Nums. Birdee Num Nums is a fast paced student and backpacker nightclub.
Magnums on Magnetic (Townsville) November 2007 – December 2007
Magnums on Magnetic is a bar for locals and backpackers to enjoy. Magnums on Magnetic had something on every night of the week along with keno and gaming machines.
Katarzyna Group (Brisbane) December 2006 – October 2007
2IC/ Duty Manager/ Bar Manager/ Bartender
The Katarzyna Group own and operate 5 venues. (Family Nightclub, Empire, Press Club, Birdee Num Nums and Victoria Park) During my employment with Katarzyna I worked at Family nightclub and Birdee Num Nums. Family is a large venue with 4 different bars spread over 3 levels. Birdee Num Nums is a student and backpacker nightclub.
Micky Finns (Christchurch) March 2003 – December 2006
Micky Finns is a busy Irish styled pub that hosts a live band every night. Micky Finns is known for its live music, pool tables & great pub atmosphere.
My Duties Have Included:
- Making food.
- Training staff.
- Stock control.
- Sound control.
- Cash handling.
- Serving patrons.
- Food preparation.
- Account managing.
- Operation of Eftpos.
- Compliance checks.
- Processing invoices.
- Administering first aid.
- Radio communication.
- Writing incident reports.
- Checking identifications.
- Closing and counting tills.
- Making/creating cocktails.
- Operating CCTV systems.
- Refusing service to patrons.
- Beer tank and lines cleaning.
- Preparing and closing of bars.
- Booking functions and events.
- Event planning and preparation.
- Writing out cheques for gaming wins.
- Supervising bar staff and security staff.
- Operation of Keno, gaming machines and T.A.B.
Written and verbal references available on request